I need my app to contain a prepopulated database that is created outside the app, that the app can use and update.
It seems like a basic necessity, I expected it would be easy like this:
- Add the MyData.db file to the project
- Choose the correct build action property for it, like a resource
- Get the path for app resources, DBPath = App.PathToResources + "MyData.db"
- connection = new SQLiteConnection(DBPath)
- Read/write data with SQL queries
I haven’t found anything that works. It seems impossible to include a db file in my project AND access it in the code.
The question is, how do I build the data into my app? What’s the right paradigm here?
Source: Xamarin.ios Questions